Search

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Earth's satellite appears bigger.

  The astronomical news is that the Moon next week will be closer to the Earth and so will appear bigger than usual to us here on Earth.  Since it is both claimed and denied that this -Supermoon-phenomena can cause earthquake, I looked up a few sites to check as the moon does pull the tides across the planet and thats a lot of water so it is pretty strong.  Incidentally this might cause King tides in the next week apparently.  So is the moon's pull powerful enough to move Earth's tectonic plates?  Or displace water on the planet's surface of sufficient weight to move the tectonic plates?

     On the morning of February 22 2011 I was driving to Launceston and as I drove up a hill through Goshen, I noticed a round daylight moon quite large in the sky. I also remember that the road after Little Plains Lookout was thick with butterflies. Just before Scottsdale, I stopped for a bite and glanced at my watch-it was almost 12noon.      I continued on my journey and at sometime while I was driving from Scottsdale to Launceston the Earth under Christchurch New Zealand was moving radically. The butterflies and I oblivious.
  The same afternoon, on the return journey I pondered the butterfly volcano theory as I drove through the butterflies again, the poignancy in the earthquake aftermath as yet meaningless to me as I only learnt of the quake when I got home and switched on the radio.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/14-03-2011/117184-supermoon-0/#

Legal Information




*This site and contents are Copyright All Rights Reserved Annika Merchant* and may not be reproduced anywhere, in any form, for any purpose.

Domestic post modernist architecture

Domestic post modernist architecture
Door design circa 2009